6527 Quincy St.
Zeeland, MI 49464
Groundswell Community Farm is a certified organic vegetable farm that produces high quality, nutrient dense vegetables to provide to the communities of Western Michigan. Our farm is located outside of Zeeland, MI on seven acres of rich, muck soil. We are certified Organic by OEFFA (Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association).
In 2018, we will operate a 100 member CSA program, sell produce at two bustling farmers’ markets: the Fulton Street Farmers’ Market and the Holland Farmers’ Market, and wholesale vegetables through numerous sources to include: Farmlink, Nature’s Market, Harvest Health Foods and in various other restaurants across West Michigan!
• Certified organic through OEFFA (Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association).
• Groundswell grows nutrient dense vegetables because of the high organic matter in the rich muck soil (40% or higher); we farm in a manner that preserves these valuable nutrients.
• We do not use synthetic chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides or sprays.
• We aim to reduce our tillage as part of our business plan. This naturally depletes noxious weeds over time and is better for the soil microorganisms.
• We utilize cover crops to add nutrients back to the soil, and to protect our soil from erosion.
Farm Products: Vegetables & Herbs
CSA Type: Vegetable
Total Number of CSA Shares: 22
CSA Timeframe: Summer CSA: June 5th – November 1st. Winter CSA: November 7 – December 12
CSA Pick Up Locations and Times:
Holland (Tuesdays 4:30-5:30pm @ Hope Church)
Zeeland (Tuesdays 4-5pm @ Groundswell Farm)
Grand Rapids (Wednesdays 4:30-5:30 @ Fulton St. Market)
Farmers Markets: Fulton Street Farmers Market: Saturdays from 8 – 2
Holland Farmers Market: Saturdays from 8 – 2
Wholesale Available: Yes